Australian Building Company respects the rights and privacy of all individuals and is committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles and protecting the personal information Australian Building Company holds.
- Why does Australian Building Company collect personal information? How does Australian Building Company use it?Australian Building Company generally collects your personal information as part of providing you its products and services, informing you about them, complying with its contractual and other legal obligations, running promotions and other marketing activities or administering Australian Building Company’s relationship with you by responding to your enquiries and providing you with information about Australian Building Company events, products and services that may be of interest to you.
Australian Building Company needs your personal information to carry out these aims. Australian Building Company may use your personal information for those purposes, any other purpose listed on a collection statement at the point of collection or in any other way made clear at the time of collecting the personal information.
- How does Australian Building Company collect personal information?Australian Building Company may collect your information in person by sales and customer service staff, via its websites, social media pages, smart phone applications, phone calls and at display sites and other installations on paper forms or electronic devices (Collection Channels).
Australian Building Company may also collect information from you if you provide products and/or services to Australian Building Company (Service Provider Channels), and this personal information is generally collected to assist obtaining the products and/or services from you.
- What personal information does Australian Building Company collect?Australian Building Company collects the types of personal information required to assist with providing Australian Building Company’s products and services and informing you about them.
This includes, through the Collection Channels, personal information such as your name, date of birth, phone number, email and home addresses and information to assist with Australian Building Company’s customer relationship management and market research functions, which may include information relating to your interests, experiences and preferences.
For more specific contracting or finance purposes, Australian Building Company may collect through Collection Channels loan application information, financial / banking information, guarantor / next of kin contact details.
Through Service Provider Channels, Australian Building Company may collect information about your employment or trading history and any business, company or related entity you are involved with.
- How does Australian Building Company use your personal information? To whom will it be disclosed?Australian Building Company may use your personal information for the primary purpose for which it was collected, i.e. the purpose specified in a privacy collection statement through a particular Collection Channel or Service Provider Channel or the purpose that could be reasonably expected at the time the information was collected. Australian Building Company may also use your personal information for a secondary related purpose.
By submitting your personal information, you consent to Australian Building Company using it to:
a. provide you with products or services;
b. complete an activity that you have chosen to undertake;
c. administer Australian Building Company’s relationship with you;
d. monitor online activity on the Australian Building Company website(s) and/or application(s);
e. market, improve and add to Australian Building Company’s products and services (including online);
f. respond to a serious threat to an individual’s life or to public health or safety
g. respond to suspected unlawful activity; or
h. where required or authorised by law.
Australian Building Company may disclose personal information to other entities in the Australian Building Company group of companies to help achieve one of the purposes described above or as required by law.
Australian Building Company may also provide personal information:
a. to third parties engaged by Australian Building Company to provide services, including IT services such as storing and managing databases, processing credit card information, mail outs, debt collection, marketing research and advertising; and
b. to third parties authorised by you to receive personal information held by us.
- Can you remain anonymous or withhold personal information?Yes. Where practical, you may choose not to identify yourself, deal with us on an anonymous basis or use a pseudonym.
In some instances, if you do not provide Australian Building Company with required personal information Australian Building Company may not be able to provide you with the requested product or service, allow you to participate in promotion activities or obtain the product or service you are offering.
As a result, Australian Building Company may need to cease existing sales processes, suspend, cancel or renew a contract (subject to its terms and conditions and relevant laws), withdraw an invitation or offer or decline your entry into a competition.
- Will you receive direct marketing?If you provide us with your personal information and you consent to receiving direct marketing communications from Australian Building Company, you authorise us to send you promotional messages and materials related to Australian Building Company’s products and services, unless you submit a later request not to receive direct marketing communications.
Australian Building Company’s direct marketing messages and materials will contain a prominent statement (including, for electronic messages, a functional unsubscribe facility) that you may request not to receive direct marketing communications.
If you do not wish to receive marketing or other communications from us, please submit a request not to receive direct marketing communications or use the unsubscribe facility provided in the most recent communication from us or contact us on the details provided.
- Will your information be disclosed overseas?Australian Building Company is unlikely to disclose your personal information to any person or entity outside Australia, but will inform you if and when this is necessary.
You generally have the right to access your personal information free of charge, subject to some limitations contained in the Privacy Act 1988.
The APPs set out some circumstances in which Australian Building Company is not required to provide you with such access. If you ask for your personal information and any of these circumstances exist, you may be given access to the personal information in a way that is permitted under the Privacy Act 1988.
To protect personal information held by Australian Building Company, you may need to confirm your identity before access to your personal information is granted. It may take a little time to process your application for access and retrieve information from storage (if applicable).
Australian Building Company encourages you to update us so that Australian Building Company has accurate, current and complete information. You may correct any errors or request that Australian Building Company deletes all or some of your personal information. You may also submit a request not to have any further contact from us.
- Does Australian Building Company use 'cookies'?Yes. When you use Australian Building Company’s website(s) and/or its app(s), Australian Building Company or its IT service providers may obtain information using technologies such as cookies, tags, web beacons, navigational data collection (log files, server logs, and clickstream data) and other storage technologies. For example, Australian Building Company or its IT service providers may collect information like the date, time and duration of visits and which webpages are accessed. This information is generally not linked to your identity, except where it is accessed via links in Australian Building Company e-message or where you have identified yourself. Australian Building Company may use knowledge of your user experience to better understand what products or services may be of interest to you.
Australian Building Company has implemented various analytic programs provided by third parties, including Facebook Custom Audience, Facebook Pixel and Google Analytics features based on Display Advertising (Google Analytics Remarketing, Display Network Impression Reporting and Demographics and Interest Reporting) to assess the performance of its website and mobile applications and to provide targeted ads. The information obtained for these purposes contains aggregated, de-identified information and these third parties may show our ads on sites on the internet or mobile apps by using cookies (or like technologies) to serve targeted ads.
- Managing your cookie and other preferencesUsers of our website(s) and app(s) can opt-out or manage:
Ø their Google Ads Settings at any time and customise your Google Display Network Ads at https://www.google.com/settings/ads
Ø their Facebook settings and customise advertising preferences at http://www. https://www.facebook.com/help/adpreferences
Ø Adobe Analytics tracking and on-site personalisation services at http://www.adobe.com/au/privacy/opt-out.html#4
More information about how to opt out of cookies being used by third party ad services is found at http://www.aboutads.info/choices
- How can you complain about privacy breaches?If you have a complaint in relation to the collection, use or and disclosure of your personal information, please contact the Australian Building Company Privacy Officer via the details provided below. The Australian Building Company Privacy Officer will review all complaints received and respond to each complainant upon due consideration (which may require further information to be provided).
- Who can you contact about your personal information?To contact Australian Building Company about your personal information, concerns or complaints, email privacyABC@abchomes.com.au
Alternatively, write to:
Australian Building Company’s Privacy Officer at 501 Blackburn Rd, Mt Waverley VIC 3149
Latest version updated 30 March 2021.